If you are Amazon Prime subscriber then you probably know that Amazon has been organizing its Prime Day, the biggest shopping day on Amazon bar Black Friday, every July over the past 4 years.
But what is Amazon Prime day?
Amazon Prime Day is an anniversary celebration where Amazon offers huge discounts on huge chunks of its inventory. As you might expect from the name of this annual shopping extravaganza, it is only open to Amazon Prime members.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2018?
Traditionally Prime Day has been a 24-hour event. This year, Amazon is giving you 36 hours of some of the biggest discounts you will ever see on Amazon.
Amazon Prime Day starts on July 16 at 3 pm Eastern Time and goes on until the following day.
So how do I get in on the discounts?
Well, there are three ways to get in on the fun:
- If you are an Amazon Prime member, then you are ready to go. All you have to do is wait for the day and enjoy all the discounts on offer. You can also ask Alexa to set the date for you. Just say, “Alexa, set a reminder for Prime Day on July 16 at 3 pm.”
- Pay for a subscription if you are not yet an Amazon Prime member. You can sign up for Amazon Prime for just $12.99 per month or $119 per year.
- Try Amazon Prime for free. You can sign up for free just for Prime Day and then cancel if you do not want to pay for the membership after 30 days elapse.
What are the benefits of an Amazon Prime membership?
Well, there are quite a few:
- Exclusive access to movies, TV shows and ad-free music services from Amazon.
- Exclusive access to some new kindle books
- 30 minutes free access to lightning deals (this will come in handy especially on Prime Day)
- Unlimited photo storage
- Unlimited one day/same day deliveries
- Access to Prime deals that are not available to non-prime members.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up for Amazon Prime today!
What is on offer?
The simple answer is, if it is sold on Amazon it is likely that it will be on sale on Prime Day. That said, of course all Amazon devices and services are discounted too.
Here are a few things to keep an eye out for:
- Kindle E-readers
- Fire TV Stick
- Amazon Echo smart speakers
- Carrier-free smartphones
- An assortment of other electronics including TVs, laptops, headsets and much more.
How big is Amazon Prime Day?
If you are still not sure what to expect from Amazon Prime Day 2018, here are some statistics for Prime Day 2017 from Amazon that give you an idea of how big the day is.
- The Amazon Echo Dot was the worldwide bestseller
- UK shoppers flocked to an Oral-B electric toothbrush
- US shoppers were won over by an Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 slow cooker
- One Prime Now delivery took less than 15 minutes to arrive, according to Amazon
- More than 300,000 toys were sold
- Some 45,000 pairs of headphones were bought
- Over 37,000 power tools were ordered
How do I find the best deals?
You could log into Amazon on Prime Day and see what discounts are on offer.
If constantly checking Amazon is not convenient for you, you could allow notifications by clicking on the secure padlock, then allowing notifications to sign up for push notifications that we will send you on each deal we add.
Lastly, you could use our deals search page to check for any new deals or save this post as a bookmark and come back to it on July 16 at 3 pm Eastern Time.
Early Amazon Prime Day deals
If you have your Amazon Prime membership ready (sign up here if you don’t), here are some early deals for you.